DESIGN OF REAL-WORLD ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING PRODUCTS USING FRONT-END 3D SIMULATION & OPTIMIZATION TECHNOLOGIES
POLOPT/SC : Short-circuit analysis & optimization of power / distribution transformers
- POLOPT/SC is a simulation technology developed in the cooperation with POLOPT partners.
- It enables transformer designers to analyze and optimize the device design layout before the obligatory Short-Circuit (SC) test in the HV lab.
- Applied approach assumes coupled EM/SM analysis, both in static and transient regime.
- POLOPT/SC enables accurate and reliable prediction of the behavior of the transformer structures during the SC test!
- The technology is verified on a number of transformers, developed by our customers and for different transformer ranges.
- The comparison between the simulated and measured output agreed well, both in the compared mechanical quantities (deformations) and in the shape of the analyzed structure after the SC test.
Deformation during SC on R-phase (mm); scaling factor= 10; (Courtesy ABB)
Comparison of the measured and calculated deformations after Short-Circuit on all three phases (Courtesy ABB)