DESIGN OF REAL-WORLD ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING PRODUCTS USING FRONT-END 3D SIMULATION & OPTIMIZATION TECHNOLOGIES
POLOPT/ Optim: Module for Free-Form Optimization
Case study 1 : Optimization of the shielding electrodes in GCB
- Automatic creation of the shielding electrodes is achieved
- The distance between the contacts being on opposite voltage is reduced for 72%
- On-line control of dielectric criteria guaranties that the breakdown can’t appear for the optimal forms
- The final optimal shape is transferred back to CAD to enable easy manufacturing.
- The experimental validation of the new optimal configuration is done in HV lab.
- The experimental validation has entirely confirmed the simulation / optimization output.
Free-form optimization of the shielding electrodes.Dielectric criteria are on-line checked during the optimization process through the post-processing evaluation of the field lines in order to fulfil the required BIL standard.